Thursday, May 14, 2009

OMG! My first blog!



I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and start a blog.  Sheesh.  I didn't really think that I would ever cave to it, but here it is.

It's way easier to share my photos of my beautiful son on a blog.  It's also a way to show off any projects that I'm working on.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this thing works out.  It'll be a challenge for me, and I love challenges!  So here we go!

This weekend we are celebrating Charlie's first birthday with 30+ of our closest friends and relatives.  I've been going nuts trying to get things sorted and planned out.  First things first, I decided to get our backyard in order.  I bought 4 big bags of decorative bark to hide all of the ugly weeds in the flower beds.  Cheap fix, great results.  I hung some lanterns, potted some pretty flowers, swept, hosed everything down and now it looks like it's ready to go-- except for the lawn, which I'm not touching. I've probably got the best-looking backyard of all my neighbors.  That's not really saying much, considering I live in a poor neighborhood and the rugrats next door keep tossing their candy wrappers over the fence into my yard.

My next project for the party will be taking on the biggest confectionary challenge I've ever had.  I will be making a Robot Cake (capitalized because it's gonna be legendary).  It will be THE robot cake to end all robot cakes.  I hope.  You see, I've never used fondant (although a lady in the craft store said it's easy,"just like play-doh!") and I've definitely never used edible silver dust.  This oughta be realllll interesting.  And the cake won't even touch the amount needed to feed a crowd of 30, so I'll be making cupcakes as well.  Good gravy!

Come to think of it, I've never really out-and-out planned a party before.  I've gone along with my past roommates to throw together "party" parties, but not on my own, not for a birthday and especially not for a child's birthday!  That probably explains why I ordered a keg.  Oh boy.

Wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment